Learn with Dr Laverne
Are you interested in health and healing? Maybe you have a chronic condition and you’ve tried just about everything out there with no lasting or satisfactory results. Or you’ve recently received a frightening diagnosis along with a poor prognosis?
Do you have questions around why this is happening to you? You may wonder why you get sick in certain ways and others don’t. Or why certain food only affect you at certain times. You may have many questions but no meaningful answers. If you have these questions and they are coupled with a desire to understand you body, know why the illness occurred when it occurred, be healthy without continuous and costly treatments, address chronic symptoms even if they’ve been present for years, and get the support you need every step of the way, then you’ve come to the right place!
The consultations I offer give you the tools you need to stop the guessing game about why you have the symptoms you have and to resolve these once and for all.
It is essentially ‘therapeutic education.’ You will gain more knowledge about how and when to use herbs, vitamins, natural remedies and even conventional medicines and procedures. Learning around nutrition, lifestyle medicine, daily practices to foster health and longevity are also covered comprehensively. It’s a whole-health approach! 🙂
My biggest invitation to you though, is to learn the language of the human body so as to begin to trust it’s wisdom. Understand that symptoms, conditions, illness do not mean that your body is broken, or that it is making mistakes. Understand that YOU HEAL YOU. More on this here: http://whole-health.co.za/2022/01/10/you-heal-you/
How does it work?
Sessions can be online or in person. I prefer in person but it is completely up to you. In person means we get to do some body work like Acupuncture, which is always so harmonising.
The first consultation is usually a little longer, 90 minutes to two hours. You will fill out a health history form before we meet for the first time. This allows us to really focus on YOU.
I have experience in treating a wide range of acute and chronic conditions including:
- Anxiety & depression. This includes assisting people to come off their psychiatric medications if they wish to do so.
- Stress, burnout. For specialised de-stress consultations, see here: http://whole-health.co.za/2020/08/12/de-stress-packages/
- Sinusitis, hay fever, allergies.
- Gynaecological conditions including painful periods, heavy periods, menopause, endometriosis, infertility/fertility treatments (including IVF/assisted fertility support).
- Bell’s Palsy: restoring motion and function.
- Coeliac disease.
- Chemotherapy support. (Patients undergoing treatment for breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer and others.)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Back ache, lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain (from any cause).
- Arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Migraines and headaches.
- Diabetes Mellitus.
- Colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, respiratory illness, asthma.
- High blood pressure.
- Medication tapers/withdrawal.
- Nutrition & lifestyle coaching (online option also available).
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
Consultations are priced as follows:
FIRST CONSULTATION & TREATMENT (60 MINUTES): R860.00*
FIRST CONSULTATION & TREATMENT (90 MINUTES): R1300.00*
FIRST CONSULTATION & TREATMENT (2 HOURS): R1750.00*
FOLLOW UP VISITS (60 MINUTES): R720.00
FOLLOW UP VISITS (90 MINUTES): R1080.00
FOLLOW UP VISITS (2 HOURS): R1450.00.
*The 60 minute consults are suffice for acute or less serious conditions such as a sore back or neck. Or a cold/flu. For chronic or more serious conditions I recommended that our first visit be at least 90 minutes long.
I have training and/or clinical experience in the following:
- Chinese herbal medicine
- German New Medicine
- Nutrition & lifestyle medicine
- Qi Gong
- Massage, aromatherapy, reflexology
Please call or WhatsApp for more info or to make a booking: 083 449 3639. Or email email@example.com.
I meet and work with people from all walks of life. If you are in need of care but have limited access to funds, please feel free to email me and perhaps we can co-create a solution.
With love, Laverne